A few months back, I had a pretty interesting Skype call with Martina Mangelsdorf, the Founder of GAIA Insights. Martina and I had originally became acquainted through various discussion groups on Linkedin in which I soon learned that her company dealt with customizing leadership development to work with Generation Y talent. I found her concept extremely interesting, so we had multiple conversations about how it works. She soon saw that I was interested in gamification and gave me some great details about the gamification she created called GOLD™ (Game Oriented Leadership Development), which is targeted for Gen Y.
Here are some of the amazing details Martina told me in regard to GOLD™:
- GOLD™ was created for the workplace that is targeted for Gen Y and is considered the future of learning.
- It is a built on the principle of games, focusing on methodology of leadership development.
- It caters to the values and attributes of Gen Y.
- It aims for emotional engagement and transformational insights.
The benefits of GOLD™ are:
- It engages Gen Y on their terms.
- It offers unique experiences to develop leadership capabilities.
- It addresses defined learning objectives in unconventional ways.
- It fosters sustainable learning through emotional memory anchors.
- It develops better leaders which will directly impact your business and bottom line.
- It finds ways to engage employees, so lessons stay with them down the line.
What makes GOLD™ unique?
- It has a defined learning objective.
- It creates engaging interaction.
- It promotes social collaboration.
- It allows transformational insight.
- Participants can receive instant gratification.
- It is a memorable experience.
- And, of course, it’s fun!
Martina shared her version of GOLD™ that gave me some fantastic insight on what the benefits and principles were. I was really impressed that a game could promote learning that can easily be absorbed by employees through memory anchors. Being a Gen Yer myself, I felt that this was an amazing way to engage employees to learn quicker. I think this could help benefit any company, hands down.
More information about GOLD™, GAIA Insights, and Martina: